Benefits of Alfresco Dining
Food that is cooked and eaten outdoors always seems to taste better. There are several reasons why this might be the case…
- Improved Vitamin D levels. It is scientifically proven that spending time outdoors boots your Vitamin D levels. Vitamin D is essential for bone development and can also help protect against diseases including depression, osteoporosis, and stroke.
- Better mood. Fresh air and spending time outdoors can dramatically improve your mood and reduce stress levels. It can lower your heart rate and blood pressure, reduce stress hormones, and relieve muscle tension.
- Boosted immunity. Being exposed to sunlight increases your white blood cells and lowers cortisol production, improving your overall immune system and decreasing the risk of developing certain diseases.
- Social interaction. Eating outdoors allows you to spend quality time with your friends or family. You can create memorable moments with your nearest and dearest, whilst enjoying the fresh air and tucking into a delicious meal.
Benefits of Campfire Cooking
A cosy campfire is hard to resist. At the end of the day, there’s nothing better than sitting around a blazing fire, chatting with your loved ones whilst cooking some delicious food. Some of the health benefits of campfire cooking include…
- Decreased blood pressure. It has been proven that sitting around a fire decreases blood pressure. Lower blood pressure means a lower risk of stroke and reduced chance of developing heart disease.
- Promotes relaxation. Fires help induce a trance-like state of relaxation, allowing you to switch off from all the hustle and bustle of busy daily life. You can enjoy a good night’s sleep after spending time around a campfire, as well as a calmer mind.
- Healthy relationship with food. Cooking outdoors improves your relationship with food and nature, which has many benefits in the long run.
Abergavenny Food Festival
At just 20 minutes’ drive away from Castaway, Abergavenny Food Festival is well worth a visit. Held on 17th-18th September at six venues in the centre of Abergavenny, you can discover over 150 top-class exhibitors and producers, as well as chef demonstrations, talks and debates with some of the most promising culinary talents.
Click here to purchase your tickets today!
Enjoy Alfresco Dining & Firepit Cooking at Llanthony Castaway
Our lovingly converted railway carriage provides the ultimate romantic retreat in the heart of Monmouthshire. Discover your own private garden and decking, where you can enjoy long evenings and alfresco dining on your firepit BBQ. We sell homemade beef and lamb burgers and sausages and eggs fresh from our farm, so your food miles here can be more like food metres!
We are filling up fast for the summer season, with only the following dates still available:
- Monday 13th – Wednesday 15th June = £218
- Friday 8th – Monday 11th July = £410
- Friday 22nd – Monday 25th July = £410
- Monday 29th – Wednesday 31st August = £273
- Wednesday 31st – Friday 2nd September = £249
Click here to book your break in magical Monmouthshire today!